- You are here:
- Planning Department
- Master Plan
Master Plan and Reports
The Master Plan Implementation Team (MPIT) tracks and reports status of recommendations, advises and reports activities and issues to the Planning Board and Select Board, and assists town staff, commissions, boards and committees to facilitate Master Plan efforts. The MPIT consists of three members.
- Charles Walkovich, Chair and Planning Board Liaison
- Mark Mathews
- Deb Fountain
Status of Recommendations
The 2020 Master Plan contains over 120 recommendations spanning all of the required Master Plan elements. Additionally, the Master Plan incorporates by reference, recommendations from two other town reports, the '2016 Open Space and Recreation Plan' (OSRP), and the 'Towards a More Sustainable and Resilient Pepperell Report.' The status of recommendations in all three reports is tracked and reported collectively on a separate master recommendation worksheet. Updates are posted below.
Master Plan Advisory Committee (MPAC)
Master Planning is the foundation of community planning, it is a long range, comprehensive statement of public policy developed through an interactive public process. The Master Plan provides Pepperell’s Boards and Commissions with the tools to ensure that their decisions and planning are based on an established set of goals and policies to provide for smart, sustainable, long-term growth and development of our community.
Massachusetts General Law, MGL Part 1, Title VII Chapter 41, Section 81D, requires Planning Boards in each town to develop and maintain a master planning document. Master Plans are required to include, but are not limited to, the following elements:
- Land Use
- Economic Development
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Open Space and Recreation
- Services & Facilities
- Circulation (Transportation)
- Implementation Program
The Master Plan Advisory Committee works under the general guidance and direction of the Planning Board, the process is guided by the Northern Middlesex Council of Governments (NMCOG), our regional planning agency. Based on data, review, analysis and experience provided by NMCOG, the MPAC develops or updates recommendations to the Master Plan and then the committee forwards the draft plan to the Planning Board for final approval.
Pepperell Master Plan adopted October 5,2020
Pepperell Master Plan Appendices adopted October 5, 2020
Master Plan Supporting Documents
- Pepperell Master Plan Economic Development Draft Chapter
- Pepperell Master Plan Transportation Draft Chapter
- Pepperell Master Plan Land Use and Zoning Draft Chapter
- Pepperell Master Plan Housing Draft Chapter
- Pepperell Master Plan Natural and Cultural Resources Draft Chapter
- Pepperell Master Plan Open Space and Recreation Draft Chapter
- Massachusetts Sustainable Development Principles
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Grant Program RFR
- Pepperell Master Plan Land Use and Zoning technical paper
- Pepperell Land Use and Zoning Discussion Questions
- Master Plan Visioning
- Master Plan Scope of Work
- State Master Plan Statute
- Master Plan SWOT Session
- Healthy Chapter with Map
- Master Plan Development: This document provides a description of the work that NMCOG will perform under each element of the Master Plan.
- Master Plan Proposed Schedule (JPEG Image)