Climate Change Council
|Member Name||Position||Term End|
|Susan Adele Edwards||Member||12/31/2021|
The purpose of the Council is to advise the community, including staff and other Boards, Committees and Commissions, on issues and initiatives that impact climate change.
A goal of the Council will be to work with various boards, committees and commissions, including the Master Plan Implementation Team, on Master Plan recommendations related to climate change. Additionally, the Council will foster education throughout the community on climate change concerns and ways in which individuals and enterprises can make a positive impact on climate change through behavioral choices. By the end of 2021, the council should provide a multi-faceted plan for Pepperell to address climate change for the immediate and foreseeable future.
- shall participate in the climate change initiatives of the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environment (DOEE).
- will be guided by the DOEE policies, regulations and strategizes for climate change.
- will research and advise on local carbon sequestration and waste disposal strategies designed to sequester carbon or produce green energy.
- recommendations will include the financial feasibility of proposed projects
- will advise on Pepperell Master Plan implementation items including:
- 2.17 Address impediments to solar energy development
- 5.14 Develop a pilot project under the Green Communities Initiative in collaboration with Enterprise Community Partners, the Commonwealth of MA. And private developers.
- 8.12 municipal electricity aggregation program that includes renewable energy
- 8.15 As a Green Community, advance and promote renewable energy
- 8.18 evaluate community facilities for green energy solar potential